An Unexpected Long Time
Seriously, here's how I originally envisioned my weekend:
On Friday I'd have a Track workout and then afterwards go to Johansen, where the School Board meeting would be taken place. That didn't happen at all.
Okay, so I heard on Tuesday, after I got back from school, that the music programs for grades K-12 would get cut. Modesto City Schools had lost 12 million dollars so obviously they had to cut something. When I heard this I was shocked. The Downey Choir seemed untouchable, a regular element of Downey High School, A TRADITION.
For those that don't know this Mom and Dad made me go to Ryan and Garit's concerts when they were going through the program. Although I had complained about it back then, looking back I'm actually grateful that I went.
4/26/08
It's been a remarkably long time since the events mentioned above happened. The Choir program is safe and intact, so boo-yeah! The Track season is almost over, and I'm glad that it is. Track and Field has become more miserable lately, especially the work outs. Okay, I peaked at the beginning of the season with a 5:04 mile time, and an 11:46 2 mile time. Ever since then, I haven't even gotten close to my one mile time, and my two-mile time isn't anything to brag about either. The reason why is because I didn't run for a whole week, a.k.a. Spring Break. It sucks, but at least I have next year to look forward to.
I've taken a recent interest in motorcycles, which has been fun, especially when talking to Dad about them. I'm doing a lot of research on motorcycles right now and I'm particularly fond of the Honda Gold Wing models. Whenever I look at a motorcycle, I'm curious to know what it's all about and what kind of motorcycle is it (is it a Harley, Honda, Suzuki? etc.)
5/12/08
Yet here I am again, wanting to be on this blog, and now I finally have the chance to write. Okay, here's a list of a few things that have happened since I last wrote here:
a) Garit's gone :( and we had his little going away party at my house. It was awesome seeing everybody here, having a good time, laughing, eating Mom's delicious peanut butter ice cream dessert. I got to play Pirates of the Caribbean Uno with Molly and believe it or not she beat me, TWICE. That was not fun, but seeing everybody there was.
b) My four-day weekend: Last Friday I had my first AP test, (it was my test for US History). I felt like I didn't do so great, but hopefully I passed. Anyway like I said to a lot of people after the test, (On AP test days we, the kids who are taking these tests, are excused from school.) I took myself to see Iron Man since I got a lot of great reviews about it and to be honest this was a rather interesting movie: The protagionist is more of a flawed human being than Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne, but the special effects in this movie were much better than the other movies. Anyway this is no kiddie movie, so parents I highly recommend that you don't take your kids to this. The story sometimes went fast, and then slow, and then fast again, it's really your call as to seeing this movie.
Anyway, after watching Iron Man (and having paid for a LARGE popcorn and Root Beer) I paid Uncle Murray a visit and I also bought a pizza in which I put waaaay too many hot peppers in it so I had to eat it in small bites. Because I just had a large popcorn and a large soda before buying this 16" inch pizza I couldn't really eat too much pizza, so I took it home with me, walking through all of Modesto, which is why I didn't run that day. On the way home I saw a sign that said "Mother's Day Specials" and seeing as how it was almost Mother's Day I let my curiosity take a hold on me and decided to see what they had. It turned out that these were two women who were making necklaces with real diamonds, rubies etc. Anyway, these necklaces looked affordable so I went ahead and bought two, and gave one of them to Mom. She loved it so I'm feeling good about the purchase.
Yesterday Mom and I went to Austin Lee's farewell. For those that don't know, he's going to Costa Rica. He reports to the MTC May 21. Anyway it was great being at the Lee's (we only attended church for the first hour) and I spent most of the time there playing on the Wii. The game I played was called Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's an extremely addicting game, especially when I've already been wanting one for a long time. For a relatively inexperienced player, this being my first time playing the actual game, I whooped almost everyone who played. I felt pretty good about myself. Anyway after Fresno Mom and I went to Atwater and spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Boothe's place. While there I got whooped AGAIN at Pirates of the Carribbean Uno and Mom gave Grandma and Grandpa Boothe footbaths. On another happy note I didn't have school today, it's so sweet. Anyway I love you all and will be a little more earnest in my efforts to update the blog.
Yours truly,
Grant Boothe

3 Comments:
You're going down on Street Fighter II Grant!
I should have read down the post the other week. Just want everyone to know what a joy it is to have Grant over at our house! He's a gem!
Good update,Son. Thanks for making lots of good choices and making me laugh. You're a funny guy.
Post a Comment
<< Home