Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Life goes on...

despite the hardships we may go through. I find my homework experience often in relation to Harry Potter's. For those who have read the books you will note that with each progressive year Harry continually gets buried under a bigger and bigger load of homework. It's that experience that I feel that I have relation to. Sometimes all I try to do is maintain the status quo by just doing the assignments that are turned in the following day, but even that isn't enough.
I appreciate your prayers for my health, but seeing as how I still have a little bit of a cold left I humbly ask for all of your continual support. Prayers for Pre-Calculus would be especially nice (Prayers for Pre-Calculus, sounds catchy huh?) seeing as how I am stuck in there. The reason why is because I tried to transfer to another math class called Finite Math. There is a policy at my school that you have 20 days to transfer to another class and after those 20 days you're stuck in the class you currently have. Anyway I finally decided to try and transfer on day 20 and I ran back and forth in order to get the transfer. So I got the transfer in, but the teacher who was teaching Finite Math finally realized that Finite Math was a Senior only class, so I got bumped back down. I felt disoriented after being transferred to and from Pre-Calculus but Mrs. Davalos was understanding about my situation.
My grade in Chemistry is slipping, and so is my grade in Spanish (although it is still 100%). I just recently finished a precis on Thoreau's Civil Disobedience essay. For those that don't know a precis is a fancy summary that is does not have any of your interpretations and is written a bit more formally, so basically you are rewriting the author's main ideas.
Here is the update on the Downey Water Polo team. On Tuesday we played against Ceres, in the which we lost 13-20, but I scored 3 goals. On Thursday we played against Beyer, in the which we won 18-5 and that time I scored 2 goals. Our league record so far is 3-3.
Another thing I forgot to mention was my mid-term on Friday. Now one of the things that I have not liked about Water Polo is the fact that I've had to give up Tae Kwon Do because Water Polo practice interferes with it. Yet despite this I have managed to remember and do everything that is necessary in order to complete my second mid-term. Mr. Yee says that I'm right on track for my second degree and by April I should get it. I am particularly proud of myself for this because despite my lack of attendance I still have managed to pass and pass well. My next mid-term is in November somewhere for those who wish to come.
While I'm on the subject of dates, my first Downey concert is Thursday! It will be the first time that Downey's new director, Mrs. Vlach, will have conducted a concert! I almost can hardly believe it.
Well that's a summary of my week, I seriously need your prayers, and I love you all and continue to pray for you,
Grant

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your schedule is rigorous, but you're up to it. You can do hard things and be successful. You da man.

Remember lots of people love you.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

Stay focused Grant! These grades are important!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late reader here, Grant. I'm proud of your hard work and your ambition! Keep up the good work.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home