Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A week of epic failure...and a weekend of eucatastrophe

Hi everybody, it's the one and only Grant Boothe here to report on his life. The reason why I put epic failure was because I tried out for Madrigals and I also ran for Chior President. I did not get into madrigals, nor did I become President. The thing is, though, I tried the Law Of Attraction, and I said my prayers, but frankly neither way worked, which is rather disappionting but I think that there is a moral to this, and it's the same moral I should have learned two Tae Kwon Do tournament's ago and during my swim season freshman year: The moral is don't take defeat too harshly, and don't give up.
Moving on, yesterday I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End.

I say that it is the best movie of the three basically because it has the most, and best, action sequences in addition to most laughs and handy plot twists. I encourage everybody to see it. Today I got to go to Dad's church again, (Mom said she needed a break of sorts for one reason or another.) and in Priest's quorum we played darts, which was pretty darn cool.
Also, unbeknowst to me and Mom, summer Water polo has been started for a month, and on Tuesday I started going back and to be honest, it wasn't much fun. Yeah, I'm severly out of shape so I'm in for a rough summer.

I am loathing math and particularly science right now for continuing to dump a load of homework on me. I really loathe science for having given out a lab on transformation, which I kid you not, is 24 pages long! This new lab is only 22 pages long, but it's a turtle dissection. Next week I'll be dissecting Crush's (from Finding Nemo) relative.



Seminary ended on Friday for me, yea know I can sleep in!!!! Nah it was fun, on Thursday Sister Miller took us out to McDonald's for breakfast. It was cool, but because that was the first day of Madrigals I was so nervous I couldn't eat a thing.
Despite my recent disappointments in choir I am happy to note that all I've been doing in my History class is watching movies. Yep, after the AP test we've been watching: Monty Python, The Count of Monte Criso, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Oliver Twist (the new one with Elijah Wood in it.) This is very fun.
Another thing to note is that yesterday evening I went to the Savior of the World barbeque with Mom. Besides eating I: played soccer, participated in a water balloon throwing contest, ran a three legged race, and threw water balloons at little kids with Kevin Escobar, my classmate in seminary. Well, I just got two new books from AP English for summer reading: Grapes of Wrath and Native Son.



Well I hope you aren't too depressed by this post.
Love,
Grant









3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about how choir didn't work out for you but I'm glad that you've been having fun otherwise.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant, defeat of some kind is part of life and to be expected at times. Life goes one and there are more opportunities coming. See you today. Gram B

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home