Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Regression

The meaning of regression is: the act of going back to a previous place or state; return or reversion. That kind of describes my pervious weekend. On Saturday I went to a Tae Kwon Do Tournament where I did horribly. I was a bit demoralized by not even getting third place from sparring or forms. That stunk along with the fact that my classmates, if you will, were doing very successfully. I know I could have far better than I did but Dad and Mom say that I need to learn how to perform under pressure. This is a regression because this is not my first Tae Kwon Do tournament. I went to a previous tournament as a Green Belt and the results were the same as this one. Ever since then I stopped going to tournaments until Saturday.
After that Dad took me to Sonic Burger where I met Ashley, this one chick I had met at an SNA a long time ago. It was nice seeing her and her mom but at that time I still felt pretty crummy for doing so poorly on the tournament. Whoever said that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach is actually pretty darn accurate because I felt better after eating a Chili Cheese dog, french fries, a limeade, a Sprite, and a banana split sundae.
The next big event was the SNA. It was very fun, and I got very sweaty. I also learned that it's okay for guys to ask for girl's phone numbers. A funny thing about this dance was that a very long fireside preceded it. EFY speaker Sister Jones was talking, but I had forgotten about the fireside so I had to wait a while before the dance was on. Well, that's the highlights of my life for this week, I hope you won't get too depressed by my loss at the Tournament.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant, the fact that you participated in the tournament at all is great. You usually don't like big crowds... they seem to "bug" you. Just make sure you do better next time.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spoke in public (usually in class and in Church) for years before I started feeling comfortable doing it. Keep going whenever you can and you'll eventually start to feel better. You can also ask Dad for a blessing of comfort.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also proud of you for competing. You will become more comfortable with more practice and more experience. You're on the right track just keeping going. I'm very proud of you.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home