Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Third Week

Of all the things to describe this week, boring isn't one of them. This week surprisingly went a little faster.
On Tuesday we had our first league game against Davis and we won! The score was 10-9 and the game was very intense! On Thursday we played Johansen, and lost. The score this time was 6-19. Yeah, I know, they are dirty rotten cheaters but hey the bright side was that we didn't get slaughtered like our girls team, the score at the end was 0-19 which was better than I expected but still us guys could barely stand to watch. Our Frosh/Soph team did the best, the score was 9-12, even though they lost these guys have no experience whatsoever, they too beat Davis 15-2. Unfortunately the girls team got their butts kicked by Davis as well, (I don't remember the score, I wasn't watching the game.) So the record so far as for our teams are:
Varsity Guys: 1-1
Frosh/soph Guys:1-1
Varsity Girls: 0-2
(I'll keep you guys updated on our team records with every post)

History is great! I love my history class because I love history! I had a test in History on Friday and I thought it was kind of easy of course Mrs. Rodriguez had us do our first historical essay on that test. Now what I mean by historical test is that we were meant to write a minimum of 5 paragraphs! It wasn't that much though so I think it's still going to be not that big a deal.
Science is boring since all my teacher does is talk our ears off and gives us little work. It's only been recent that we've done anything. In English we just finished the Greek play Medea which I'm not willing to go into details but bascially it's about a vengeful woman who's trying to get revenge on her husband who's cheated on her.
I would like to encourage everybody to read the post called the makings of my book. Yeah it looks long but I said that one of the reasons is to make literary comments! That means I will post a chapter of my new and upcoming book on the blog and then you read it and tell me what you think!
On Saturday Dad and I went to a Reunion concert at Downey and all in all it was okay. They made a tribute to this ancient choir teacher named Eleanor McKnight Haines. I slept through that part but stayed awake for the rest of the concert. I was supposed to go to the Half Dome Hike on Saturday but due to bad weather it was canceled. An interesting thing to note was that I got two lunch periods on Friday since the people in my PALs class were on a field trip to the mall and I didn't go so Mr. Lankford let me and the rest of the PALs early.
Well that wraps up my week and I really, really, really, really love it when there are comments so please do it! I feel the love coming around and it strengthens me. I love you all and hope to hear from you all.
(P.S. Mom got a part in Savior of the World! It's a chorus part so in the second act she will be on stage, just as an extra body. There's a catch though, at any time if the directors decide that she's not doing as well as they want her to then she could get asked to step aside. That also means that she could get a better part as well so keep Mom in your prayers.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

Great post Grant. You beat Davis! That's always a good thing. Sorry I haven't read your chapter yet but this week has been killer for me. Don't worry, I'll get to it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

Great post Grant. You beat Davis! That's always a good thing. Sorry I haven't read your chapter yet but this week has been killer for me. Don't worry, I'll get to it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

Great post Grant. You beat Davis! That's always a good thing. Sorry I haven't read your chapter yet but this week has been killer for me. Don't worry, I'll get to it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

Great post Grant. You beat Davis! That's always a good thing. Sorry I haven't read your chapter yet but this week has been killer for me. Don't worry, I'll get to it.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant, it is nice to hear from you and know what you are doing. Sounds like school and extra curricular activities dominate your life, as it should be. Uncle Greg went on his trip to Yosemite and hiked 120 miles! He did the Half Dome hike and he said it was a good thing I wasn't watching him or I would have had a fit--because it was so dangerous!

Well, we are doing fine here. It is finally cooling down into the mid 90's so we feel fall coming! Have a great day.

Love,

Aunt Jean

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Grant. Even though I know everything you wrote about I still liked hearing about it from you.

I'm planning on reading the long post tomorrow.

Love you lots,
Mom

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always good to read about your week...you're staying pretty busy! Thanks for the news about your Mom's part in Savior of the World. We heard today that a young couple who just moved from our ward to Patterson got the parts of Mary and Joseph. Their real names are James and Rachel Haskins....an oustanding young couple. We miss their talent here! Keep up the good work in school and water polo. We're proud of you! Love, Gram and Gramps Boothe

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grunt,
Good luck in Oakdale today! I hope you kick their cowboy booties!
Dad

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only sit here in amazement after reading your blog. (Well, I haven't finished reading it in its entirity, ha!)
You have a special gift and I'm glad you share it with all of us!
Love,
Aunt Carrie

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home