Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

The tale of my life...



Wow! It has been far too long since I last made up a post! I better start remembering to do this every week. Wow! Christmas and New Years were great, although they could have been better with Ryan and Garit home (which will happen this year! Yea!!!!). This past week was the dreaded week of finals!!!!!!!! Finals aren't all bad though, there's no seminary nor track practice (which now is a bad thing since I love running.) so at least I get to sleep in. It was not fun trying to study for those things at all! Our history test was by far the longest, 180 questions, the first 100 of them were straight from the book while the other 80 questions were a mishmash of other questions used from prior AP tests. Thank goodness the math final was easier than I expected, although for my standards it was still difficult.


I once had made a joke that High School Track & Field was an old Greek translation for "run until you die," but now I don't feel nor think that. Now I love running and I like running for long periods of time, much to the dismay of my coach, Fig (His real name is Figorora, but we call him Fig for short) who has me running for about 30-35 minutes. For those that don't know I am in our new Track & Field team as a long distance runner, whose events shall be the one mile and the two mile.

Also in the past week I got the opportunity to see Dream Girls and Freedom Writers. And now is the time for the G.B and Ebert section where we review movies.

Dream Girls: I give it 1 1/2 stars. I didn't think it was all that spectular, at least not enough to get three golden globe awards. The acting was good, the costumes looked real but the movie severely lacked a plot. Jennifer Hudson has elephant lungs because she was very loud! The movie was a musical, but most of the singing wasn't that special and there was a ton of sexual movements whenever most characters were dancing. Rated PG-13

Freedom Writers: I give it 3 stars. Hillary Swank is a darn good actress who played a teacher who was trying to get a bunch of gangsters to actually read and write. Based on a true story too. The movie was pretty bloody from all of the gang fighting, but it is full of hope, and it's inspirational too; At least that's what Grandma, Mom, and I got from the movie. Well that's me catching up. Love, Grant

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Becca said...

I'm glad that you're getting conditioned. Good luck with your events!

Dream Girls has been a musical since the 70's and there's a reason it was never made into a movie. I haven't seen it and I don't plan to. The review I read said that the movie was better for it's star studded cast than it was for it's good screen play or music.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home