Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A long post with a lot to catch up on...

Hey everybody! Sorry I didn't post something for last week, I never got around to it.
First things first: How did all of you enjoy General Conference? I thought it went really fast! I don't remember all that much about the talks but thanks to the DVR I can go back and watch it anytime now! (And I did record all four sessions that could be recorded.) Did you guys get the drift that this will be the last time that we will see President Hinckley in this life? Mom did and she er, cried and I wanted to but the tears didn't flow. However I will say that Pres. Hinckley has been a great prophet (and the only one that I can remember at that.) However the work of God cannot be stopped and yes we will all miss President Hinckley very much but there will be someone to take his place.


Now I assume that all of you got Mom's letter concerning our family right? So you already know about her part in Savior of the World. I felt really happy for her when I heard the news. Also, the record for the Downey Water Polo teams are as follows (not including tournament wins/losses):
Varsity Guys: 1-5
Varsity Girls: 0-6
Frosh/Soph Guys: 2-3
(No there is no error in the Frosh/Soph record. Oakdale didn't a Frosh/Soph team so our guys didn't play but the Varsity teams did.)
Suffice it to say we're doing much better than last year, but it still stinks to lose and in our case, lose by a lot, but at least we're not in as much a sorry state as the girls team is. On Tuesday our Frosh/Soph team will be playing Enoch's Forsh/Soph team (Enochs is the newest high school in our district) then on Thursday we'll be playing the Davis team at Davis. (The Davis team, for those who don't know, is the only team we've beaten in our League so far.) Wish us Luck! We'll need it.
Now on Saturday something special happened, besides General Conference that is. I had another Tae Kwon Do testing! This one was extra special because I did all of the forms, lower colored belt forms, weapon forms, and I also did free sparring. I felt really nervous because I was the only one of my rank that was there so I had to do them alone. I passed, and now that means that I am a First Degree Black Belt Recommended! My Mid Testing is somwhere in February and my testing for First Degree Black Belt Decided is in April! Mom and I are sincerely hoping that all who get this post will be able to make it on my First Degree Recommended testing (that's when I get THE solid Black Belt). It'll most likely be on a Friday evening before General Conference, if not on the Saturday of General Conference. PLEASE COME TO THE TESTING!!!! It means a lot to Mom and an awful lot to me!!! Hopefully Dad will send me the pictures of the testing and I'll add them to the post.
School is rolling smoothly right now. I hope that I'll be able to raise my B's to A's and maintain the A's that I already have. Prayers for me will be appreciated. Right now I have a cold and so I hope to get better soon, but prayers for health will be appreciated. Well that's my week, I hope all is well my dearly beloved family where ever you may be. Can't wait to see all of you again! Love, Grant
(P.S Our first Downey concert is on Thursday, wish me luck for that too please!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was working on your pictures when I got your e-mail about your new post. Let me know if they work okay.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great post. I like hearing about your life from you even though I'm sharing it along side of you.

You're a great young man.

Love,
Mom

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I sort of got the idea Presdident Hinkcley was going to die soon when he said "I wonder how much longer the lord is going to need me" that caught my attention and I hope he can make it to 100! Anyways, good post! I really enjoyed it!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post as always. I got a more optimistic feeling about Pres. Hinckley when he told us that his doctors felt his recovery was miraculous. I believe I enjoyed the Sunday afternoon session most of all....perhaps I was more in tune then.
Good luck (and prayers) to you with your health, school, and sports. Love ya, Gram Boothe

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home