So how long has it been since I last posted?
Sorry that I didn't send an e-mail about the last post, I just got lazy I guess. Wow! Have I got things to say and catch up on or what?
First off, the Downey Water Polo team ended the season off with TECHNICALLY 3 wins, since our first game versus Davis had to be forfeited because we had someone from Davis come over and play on our team and there's a rule that people from other schools that want to play on a different team have to fill out stupid paperwork and then wait 30 school days before they can play. We had to play that game too, it was afterwards that we found out about all this. However we beat Davis again in their own pool, and then we went on to beat Beyer in our own pool and on Tuesday we beat Modesto in their own pool. It's amazing to think that most of the players on my team started out, in this season, not knowing anything about waterpolo to now where we've beaten almost everybody we've played, except for Oakdale, Ceres, and Johansen (not including tournament games.) The season, now, has ended but in my opinion it was a great season overall and I can't to play Water Polo again in the summer. Bytheway Dad has taken some GREAT pictures of my last two games, (Hm, if only I knew some way to get them on the computer... but thanks for the pictures Dad.)
As everybody knows it's only two months before Christmas so guess what kind of music that I've been singing in Choir lately. If you guessed Christmas music then you are the next millionaire on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Yes, that's right, I've been singing Christmas songs in October which is cool because I like Christmas music and after some counting I figured out that I was singing a variety of Christmas songs in six different languages! (Spanish, Portugese, Italian, German, Hebrew and of course English.) Candlelight Choir has started back up and now that I have time on Sundays I can go Ward Choir practices (Two sundays ago I had a talk in church, which I had procrastinated so I had to do it on Sunday which meant that I couldn't go to Ward Choir practices.)
As for school, the first quarter finally ended on Friday! Hooray! My grades weren't so spectular since I tended to procrastinate quite a bit which explains why Mom nags and nags at me now about homework, (Hey what are Moms for anyway right?) English has been quite a class, my teacher is pretty cool and acts rather funny, considering the family that she has told sooooo many stories about. The work she has us do though is rather dreary (heh, I had a vocab test on Friday and that was one of the words) and also dull, the only exception to this rule is when we read Dante's Divine Comedy, that was interesting stuff and I actually studied for that test too (look out world Grant Boothe actually studied for a test once.)
History has become disappointing due to the fact that all we do now is categorize things into Political/Diplomatic, Social/Economic, and Cultural/Intellectual. Honestly I can't believe that our teacher's helping us! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A COLLEGE LEVEL CLASS!!!!!! And yet she's purposefully helping us with the essays that we do in the tests! The reason why I'm mad is because so far this big bad college level class is easy for me and she's making it even easier! Math is a nightmare and I'll leave it at that, and science well, it's hard to describe how science is going so I won't. In Choir Ms. Costa's nothing more than a giant nag (even though she never nagged at me personally thank goodness.)
On a happier note, today we the Teacher's quorum, made a film. The reason why is because the Priests wanted to do an Academy Awards night for the combined activity in November so everybody had to make a video. The theme to all of the videos was "Prepare Every Needful Thing" (this theme was chosen by the Bishopric.) This video, in my life, is a historical event because I got doused in ketchup and hosed off in one day. Since I was the bad guy, and we wanted to show blood and guts without having to show blood and guts we used ketcup.
Oh, one more thing, I will now have zero period seminary because my current seminary class is horrible! And I think that I'll take Ryan's advice and go to institute which I couldn't do this week because of my Candlelight Chior rehearsal.
Another thing to note is that Dad bought me an I-Pod! Which I am sooooo happy about!
Well that's basically my life in a nutshell, it's great to hear from you all soon!

3 Comments:
Grant's iPod was a reward for his hard work in karate. Can you believe that now send them out without the power block? They expect you to charge them only or your computer or, if you don't like that, to buy a power block. Rip off.
Don't get too cocky about AP Euro. Keep working on your writing skills and improved clarity and plan to get a 5 on your AP Exam and that will make it all worth it. (That was a run on sentence).
Good blog. See you at 5:15 tomorrow morning.
Love,
Mom
Thanks for the post Grant. Sophomore year is important so you'd better study some more and leave the video games alone.
I'm glad that you got some good playing time during water polo season. I hope that your new seminary class is good and that you get to go to a couple institute classes.
Post a Comment
<< Home