A weekend of victory
Hey everybody! It's been one whole week since the events from my last post occured and boy do I have a post to to write! I name the post a weekend of victory for three reasons: The first reason was me passing my mid-terms on Friday, the second reason is for another church basketball win and the last reason is because of what happened tonight.
On Friday night I had my mid-terms in Tae-Kwon-Do. For those that don't know a midterm is basically like a test, only you don't do as much and you don't advance a rank. So I'm still a Black Belt recommened but in April I'll be testing for first degree decided. I would like to invite all of you who are in California to attend my testing for Black Belt in April. The only problem is that Mr. and Mrs. Yee have not specified a date in which the testing will occur but I think its going to be either the second or third weekend of April. Now back to my mid-term. There were only two perfect scores that were given out during the testing/mid-terms and I was one of them! Grandma Barbara and I celebrated with a Papa Murphy's Chicago Stuffed Pizza (my all-time favorite food, thanks Mom) and a bottle of Martinelli's. It was great. Now I have three things concerning Tae-Kwon-Do to anticipate for in the future:
a) My Black Belt testing.
b) The tournament at Johansen on Saturday, in the which I am competing in.
c) Another tournament at MJC that I'm also going to be competing in.
Now on to my second victory, in Church Basketball we beat 10th ward 27-50. I scored eight points and drew out two fouls. Today when one of my teammates, Brandon Lewis, gave out the report he said that "it shouldn't have been that close" and he was right we could have beaten tenth ward by more, but nevertheless we still beat them. I have heard that 8th ward and 2nd ward have pretty tough teams, and especially that 8th ward has recruited some tall guys. I sure hope that this isn't true and that we get to stomp on both of those teams.
My final victory was when I was at the Smeltzer's home. From about 5-8 me, Brad, and Todd did nothing (besides eat) but play Duel Monsters using Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards. It was particularly fun for me because I beat both Brad and Todd, Brad I've beaten like 5 or 6 times now and Todd like 3 times. The winning part was nice but the more important thing was that I was finally playing with my friends who shared a common interest with me, something that hasn't happened to me in a long long time. I'll definitely have to do it again, but with my schedule only getting busier, this is even more difficult, plus Todd also has a few activities himself. Well, that is a wrap up on the best part of my weekend. Once I find out when my Black Belt testing is, I'll e-mail it to you all, Love, Grant.

2 Comments:
That was a good retelling of last weekend's events. I'm very proud of you and all your hard work that resulted in such a victorious weekend. Kudos to you.
Love,
Mom
Congrats on your karate and basketball wins! Good luck with your black-belt testing.
Post a Comment
<< Home