Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Closer and closer to...

The CAHSEE exams (the high school exit exams), which will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. Both tests will take an awful long time, but judging from what I've been doing from all of the practice tests (and from what anybody who has taken the test has told me) I'd say that the test should be fairly easy. I'm also getting closer to my Black Belt Testing, as well as my "sweet sixteen" birthday. Hopefully you guys got my Birthday list. I basically used Ryan's brilliant idea of re-altering my Christmas list. The list, as you can tell, isn't too large because I'm kind of content with the things I have now. The main thing I'm focusing on that money can't buy won't be out in English until sometime in the fall.
I am speaking of course about Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn, the newest Fire Emblem game. The platform is the Wii, which I also don't have. Why say this? Because for my next Christmas list those two things will be my most wanted presents.
Moving on, I had a Track meet on Friday at UC Berkeley. It was cool altogether for three reasons:
a) I got to get out of school, (I only had to go to first and second period.)
b) My mile time improved. Although Fig, my Track coach, said that I ran a sharp race I felt like I could've run a better race due to the fact that I bolted to the front too early. At least the good news was that I got about 4th or 5th place out of 20 people in only my second meet. I have no clue what my current mile time is, because it never got posted,(although Fig said that it was somewhere in the 5:20's).
c) I got free grub at the ride home.
I'd like to thank Dad for getting me the cool shoes with spikes, they felt so light on my feet.
In history, I think on either Tuesday or Wednesday, we watched a biography of Stalin. Talk about a wicked dude! Not to mention power-hungry as well! Something I've noticed about both the French and the Russian revolutions is that they're both violent revolutions that have shaped history and both revolutions have ended up with even worse leaders ruling the country. (For the French it was Napoleon, for the Russians it was Stalin.)
Well, that's the highlights of my week. I love you all and hope to see you all soon!
-Grant

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great week. Congrats on the quick mile. I don't think that Garit or I were ever in the 5:20 range. Impressive.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your race was also impressive because you didn't run last year, you swam. Nice going.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the blister on the back of your heel didn't keep you from running a good race. I'm also glad you got home safe and sound from the Bay Area on a Friday night.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I forgot my password and display name! Can u remember what my name was?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home