School's out and summer's in! Hallelujah!
Yep! June 8th was when I got out! And I gotta tell you, it's pretty sweet so far! As I look back on the year there were good things and bad things that happened. Here's a list of some things, for me anyway to anticipate in the following school year:
a) Getting back into shape for Water Polo.
b) Helping keep the Downey choir intact during it's most pivotal year.
c) Picking up Garit from Argentina.
It's true about the getting into shape for Summer Polo, I took a break off from swimming and did Track & Field. Although I enjoyed Track and hated swimming, I'm in worse shape for Summer Polo, plus I didn't get the information about Summer Polo until a month after it started. Believe me, it's not a good experience right now.

Now as you've read in the previous post I didn't become Choir President, but that still doesn't mean I can't help the choir. Ms. Costa has left for New York after a dozen of cry-fests from the ladies, and a hecka cool end-of-the-year choir installation party. As one of the choir veterans I need to be a good example, and cheer people up with my hilarious Knights choir performances, (I got a toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon of year book signatures just on those antics, it does make a difference after all.)

Also, as previously stated, I can't wait to see Garit in Argentina, of course Mom and I still need to get the passports, but that won't stop us!

On Sunday, Mom, Grandma, and I went to Fresno, both to attend Hunter's Eagle Project (which I'm sure he'll be posting about on his blog: hunter-leelife.blogspot.com) Anyway I'd like to tell the story from my angle anyway: Once we got there it was cool seeing my cousins and all, and the most interesting part about the Eagle court was in fact the actual Eagle that was there. Yep, some guy from the Fresno Zoo showed up with a Golden Eagle (as opposed to a bald Eagle,)

As an interesting side note the eagle tried to fly away 5 times, but since it was tethered it didn't go anywhere. Another appropriate side note is that the eagle was as old as Hunter was: 14. We stayed after and helped clean up. I'm sure Hunter will talk about the presents he got, but one more thing: I got to ride around on their motor scooter, (thanks Hunter and Parker), but I did not at all feel safe while riding those things and it's beyond me how anybody feels safe on those things. I hope I can go to Fresno again, it sure was fun.
On a whimiscal note I hear how Dad usually complains about Misty being an "embarrassment to cats everywhere", well right as I was letting Derecka out, about 10 minutes from now, she ran and pounced on a bird on our backyard, and I got to witness first hand the wild cruelty of nature in my backyard as Derecka sunk her teeth into the birds neck. The bird is long gone now, all that remains is some feathers, its head, and a tiny piece of its neck still attached. How's that for nature eh?
Oh and I almost forgot about the Highland Games. I went with the Vincents. IT WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!! I got to wield giant two hander swords that were 12 pounds of steel! I wouldn't want to fight someone with that kind of weapon! Anyway for those who got see the edited version of Braveheart you'll know about William Wallace. Well I got to hold a replica of the very sword that he supposedly held. It's difficult to find a good picture, but this one helps get the idea across. Rest assured the real replica was just about as tall as I was. The blade itself was 5 feet long! I also got to buy a sword: Originally it was $30, I had $27, I wanted to buy it and so I called my Mom and asked her if it was okay to have Sister Vincent loan me $3. She said no, but the kind people allowed me to buy it anyway, however they also gave me my last dollar back, saying they never take a person's last dollar. MAN THAT'S SO COOL! So now I have something to look forward to in terms of buying.
On a whimiscal note I hear how Dad usually complains about Misty being an "embarrassment to cats everywhere", well right as I was letting Derecka out, about 10 minutes from now, she ran and pounced on a bird on our backyard, and I got to witness first hand the wild cruelty of nature in my backyard as Derecka sunk her teeth into the birds neck. The bird is long gone now, all that remains is some feathers, its head, and a tiny piece of its neck still attached. How's that for nature eh?
Oh and I almost forgot about the Highland Games. I went with the Vincents. IT WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!! I got to wield giant two hander swords that were 12 pounds of steel! I wouldn't want to fight someone with that kind of weapon! Anyway for those who got see the edited version of Braveheart you'll know about William Wallace. Well I got to hold a replica of the very sword that he supposedly held. It's difficult to find a good picture, but this one helps get the idea across. Rest assured the real replica was just about as tall as I was. The blade itself was 5 feet long! I also got to buy a sword: Originally it was $30, I had $27, I wanted to buy it and so I called my Mom and asked her if it was okay to have Sister Vincent loan me $3. She said no, but the kind people allowed me to buy it anyway, however they also gave me my last dollar back, saying they never take a person's last dollar. MAN THAT'S SO COOL! So now I have something to look forward to in terms of buying.
Well, I hope to see you all soon and that goes for Ryan and Becca too. Be prepared, because once I come you'll have such a good time, and time will fly so fast you won't notice it till you're in Brazil.
Anyway I love you all,
Grant
Anyway I love you all,
Grant


4 Comments:
See you Monday Grant!!!
Hmmm... Grant with a "real" sword? Must make sure my home insurance is paid up.
I can't believe Dericka caught a bird and Misty is still worthless! What's up with that?
Glad you're enjoying your summer. Your next two weeks will be on vacation. Lucky.
Have a great time in Utah! I hear that passports are taking a long time to get right now - hope that's not true!
Post a Comment
<< Home