Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Kid with a life

Wow! September 30th was the last time I wrote a post?! That's crazy! So much has happened since then! Obviously the biggest thing that has happened since then has been Garit's arrival, which, ever since Garit has been home, he has continued to be a joy and a blessing in my life.
Life goes on, and the first quarter of my junior year has passed by. School is school, I continue to receive varying piles of homework, of which I have recently gotten into a nasty cycle of procrastination. Pre-Calculus continues to kick my butt so I still ask for your prayers in Pre-Calculus, as well as to help me get out of the procrastination cycle. My friends and I are starting our pre-conditioning season in Track & Field a little early so we can get into shape. Mom's not too keen on me starting the pre-conditioning now.
On Saturday Dad and I dropped Garit off at the airport, then went to the Macaroni Grill where I had a Sicilian pizza. The ingredients of a Sicilian pizza are cheese, spicy Italian sausage (which I love so very very much), basil, and spicy marinara sauce. It was delicious! Garit complained that it was a raw deal that he wasn't going to get any, and I don't blame him, I'd complain too if I'd know that I wouldn't be going to Macaroni Grill while other people went.
Another thing worthy of note is that Mom and Garit were gone this week, up through Thursday, and so I got to stay at Grandma's, which was a big change that helped me to develop an appreciation for my life, which I have become very accustomed to.
While I'm on the subject of gratitude I may as well mention that this has been one wacky school year in terms of gratitude: During Water Polo season I had to travel to the Davis pool because the Downey pool had a leak in it, and more importantly practice was from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. That stunk in the sense that it interfered with Tae Kwon Do. This experience has made me grateful for the times that I DID have the pool to swim in, plus I've been appreciating Tae Kwon Do more, now that I'm coming back. Plus with Mom and Garit gone I've been appreciating my life and my ward (I had to go to Dad's ward, which bytheway I'm becoming more and more of a familiar face.).
Speaking of Water Polo the season ended on October 25th, the day we played our last game. Our season record was 6-8, which is a steady improvement for Downey Water Polo. Candelight Choir started, as well as all of the Christmas songs we've been rehearsing. I admit that I am becoming more and more excited with the prospect of Christmas, and in seeing all of you.
Well that's my life, I love you all and hope to see you all again. I hope you pray for my success in school, as I pray for your well-being.
Love,
Grant

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grant, It's good to hear from you again. You're really busy and that's a good thing. You're doing all the right things for someone your age, except for the procrastination...You can eliminate it from your life - if you REALLy want to. I'm sure your mom and dad have some good counsel for you. With love, Gram B

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good update, Son.

I still think you should slow it down a little and take off some stress. One sport is enough right now.

You're a great guy. Keep up the good work.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant, I appreciated just how specific you were when said how grateful you are for certain blessings in your life. I taught a RS lesson not too long ago using Bonnie Perkin's talk on Gratitude in the May Conf. issue. She said some powerful spiritual things happen when we express gratitude to our Heavenly Father for specific blessings (challenges included in that category!). I've been trying to pay more attention to the details in my life and your blog reinforced my efforts. Thanks! You're certainly one of my blessings; I do appreciate your example. love, ant deb

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home