The last week of April
Wow! I'm about to finish off my mission papers, which by now everybody has asked me about at least three trillion times. I called Bill Wilson and scheduled a check-up on Thursday at 8:30. I forgot to give him a call and follow through as Garit instructed. The importance of the call is that I believed that Bishop Wilson would do my check-up for free if I was going on a mission. I make sure that happens because otherwise I have to pay $214! That's flat-out ridiculous! I already had to pay $109 for a stupid blood test! So I pray that I will be able to make that call.
As of late work has been frustrating. People say no way too much for my liking and they are way too impatient. Many of them have trouble signing 4 or 3 petitions, which is something I find laughable considering that I once used to get people to sign seven, eight, or even nine petitions. Garit confirmed what I have grown to suspect: The cause of my frustration isn't in getting a bad spot, it's me that's the problem. On the bright side I did make my biggest paycheck last week, $636. Garit got us all up today and helped us become re-energized about working again.
Last Tuesday the young men and I took a little field trip to my home teaching companion's workplace: IT Currie. In there we all learned how to rob a bank from a computer. No I'm not kidding one little bit. We literally learned how to do it. Fortunately you can all relax for I have no intention of ever robbing a bank. We learned how to do it so that we can protect our own computers. According to my home teaching companion's boss, who gave us this presentation, there are three steps to robbing a bank:
1) Acquire malware: As it's name suggests malware is malicious software that's designed to infiltrate your computer. This is what hackers use to rob banks, give people spam, steal their identities, and put spyware on your computer.
2) Conceal Malware and make a malware website: Usually hackers like to conceal malware in long wacko e-mails that get forwarded to people. The scary thing about this is that malware can be concealed as a program that's designed to help you get rid of malware so you're never really safe. Adware is the usual ways that malware is disguised as but malware disguises aren't limited to just adware.
3) Get someone to unknowingly click on a link that will get you on a website where the malware will get onto your computer: Like I mentioned before, the long forwarded e-mails that get you to click on whacky websites will most likely give your computer malware.
I'm trying to find the link but if my memory is correct my home teacher's boss said that cyber crime is responsible for robbing trillions of dollars from businesses. It's considered the most profitable crime ever. Even more profitable than drugs and the part that's even scarier is that you're more likely to get away with it.
Now that I've left you all on a scary note I'll just say that I love you all and hope to see you all again soon. Oh before I end this post I will say that Garit and I had family night with Ryan and Becca and I found family night quite enjoyable. It was definitely fun to see old pictures of a younger Dad and Grandma Barbara.
Anyways love always from,
Grant

2 Comments:
Grant,
We just had an experience with malware on our home computer. It got in by hacking into a relative's Facebook account and then sending itself out to the person's friends by a FB message. It was a royal pain.
Always good to read about your life, Grant, and thanks for the info about malware! Glad you're finished (or nearly) with mission papers. Congrats on earning lots of $. Hope to see you soon.
Gram B
Post a Comment
<< Home