Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The title is usually said with Christmas, but my life is looking up so I felt like saying it. Yesterday was an awesome day, and also a busy one too.

At 1:30 Mom and I participated in Eric Miller's Eagle Project. For those who don't know Eric he's a kid in my ward that I've known since the first grade and we've been in elementary, junior high, and high school together. His Eagle project was cleaning the YMCA, more specifically we washed the walls of the place (including the gym, pool area, and bathrooms), the baseboards, the door frames, we washed the lockers and the floors of the area too. In addition we painted around the pool area to keep it from rusting. The YMCA definitely needed all of the help they could get and they got it. When I said "we" I meant everyone who showed up to Eric's Eagle project. I washed mainly the baseboards, door frames, and the floors of the men and women's rooms. I didn't wash the lockers or do anything near the pool. I had never been inside the women's restroom before until I got to clean it with Todd Smeltzer, again for those who don't know, he's a really close buddy of mine from church. I was at Eric's Eagle project from 1:30 until about 4:00. Then we had to leave and get ready for our Church basketball game against 2nd ward.

When it comes to church basketball, fourth ward is the best. Period. We've been the champions of the church league for a loooooong time. Last year 2nd ward beat us, but it really didn't count for much since we didn't really have a season last year. Bytheway that was Todd's idea, not mine, but it's still a nice idea though. Anyway we played 2nd ward in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season, and we lost by one point! The score was 29-30. Thank goodness that was a scrimmage though, the team that we were supposed to be playing with lost by forfeit since none of them showed up. 2nd ward was the only team that has actually beaten us yet.

Moving on, since that time we've beaten every other team that we have played and we got to play 2nd ward again because they beat every other team that they played. Since the time of that scrimmage my friend, Todd Smeltzer, has invited two nonmembers that are literal powerhouses on the court, and who have been our top scorers so far. One of them was a tall white kid named Jesse and the other was an amazing black guy who is about 5'4, but can actually dunk. His name is Malachi. With these two kids we've been dominating on the court. Of course after those two comes me. That's right I'm one of our best players and I've made some valuable contributions to our team. 2nd ward recruited a guy named Tim who is about 6'7 (I don't know his actual height but it's around there) who couldn't play on the school basketball team because he didn't have good enough grades. I was looking forward to playing against him but he hurt his ankle really bad in the first play and he had to be taken out of the game. Poor guy.

Anyway we won and check this out, the score was 50-13. I'm not even exaggerating either. However the refs made a bunch of stupid calls in our favor. Yes I confess that the game was extremely lopsided in our favor. The refs kept calling "traveling" on 2nd ward the whole game when it clearly wasn't traveling at all. I do feel sorry for 2nd ward, it's bad enough that their best player got taken out in the first play and couldn't go back in, but it's waaaaaaay worse when the refs are making bone-head calls in addition to all of that. The 2nd ward kids were really mad, not at us but at the refs. According to Mom yours truly scored 10 points, got a lot of playing time in addition to starting the game and got some great rebounds. The last two points were scored by me as well.

After the game I came home, shaved, freshened up, and went to the SNA that night. It took a while for the SNA to get going but once it did it was really going. I had a lot of fun and I met some great looking chicks and got some "digits" too. There's not much to add to that, but rest assured I am definitely glad I went.

Now all of the above happened yesterday only, all in one day basically. It was an awesome day, which is why I felt like I needed to update this blog. I made a great analogy between women and puddles yesterday at the YMCA. *Warning*: This is only a joke, this is not how I actually feel about women (Mom). Here's the joke: Women are like puddles: You can't get them to do what you want unless you beat them with a broom.

On Thursday I got the Genealogy merit badge and Mom and I were counting and I only have 6 merit badges left, and I'm close to getting three of them done. I bet that if I wanted to, I could get them done this week. In light of Eric's eagle project everybody has been getting me to get mine started. I would appreciate your prayers on this matter, and maybe you could pray that Modesto City Schools has something for me to do. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my Eagle, and I feel very confident that I will get it. Oh and before I end this post I have an amusing anecdote to share.

So in seminary I am studying the New Testament and I have not only a very nice teacher but she is also a friend of my mom's. Anyway we are in the Book of Acts and Sister Decker wrote on the blackboard Doctors, Teachers, and Mothers and then she asked us what each of these sacrifice. First she asked us about doctors and I raised my hand and responded "Doctors give up their integrity for the pharmaceutical companies." Sister Decker, as well as some of the kids in our class, had a good laugh at that. When Sister Decker pointed to the teachers she told me to play nice so I didn't say anything. When she pointed to mothers I responded with "Mothers give up their sanity for their children." Sister Decker asked if my Mom was insane. I replied "sometimes" or something to that effect anyway. I repeated this little anecdote with Mom and she got a huge kick out of it, which made me feel like I was quite clever, but then Mom explained that Sister Decker (my teacher) works for a doctor who works for the pharmaceutical companies. Then I felt a little embarrassed and grateful for Sister Decker laughing instead of getting offended. She really is a nice teacher and I'm grateful that she's my seminary teacher this year.

Like I said earlier I need your prayers that I will receive an idea for an Eagle project and I love you all and I hope to see you all so very, very soon.
Love,
Grant

http://de.rofl.to/frauen-fahren-auto-compilation

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I'm glad that things are going well for you Grant.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to get an update on your life. You're a busy young man! Get that Eagle!

Gram Boothe

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone likes winning! Did Matt play on the 2nd ward team?

Why don't you call the school district Monday after school? Just tell them you're a scout looking for an Eagle project. Piece of cake.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home