A wondrous wintry season
Okay so the last time I posted on here was on the beginning of the second week of my Christmas vacation. A lot has happened since then, for better or for worse.
Since then Ryan and Becca are home, thank goodness, and the kitties are with them. It was nice having them here. Mom, understandably so, didn't feel so highly about them seeing as how she had to clean up for them. My second week of Christmas vacation turned out to be a lot better than I had expected. I was really thankful for Dad's gift of Deluxe Root Beers and I managed to drink them all up by the end of that week. I also went to a party at a friend of mine's house. Suffice it to say the party turned out to be a really fun experience and I'm glad I went.
Since the time that all of the above happened I've been in school for about three weeks. Not too much has happened since that time.
Last Saturday I had a church basketball game, finally. The team that we were supposed to play didn't bother showing up so we won by forfeit. However, just for the sake of playing basketball, we scrimmaged against 2nd ward, and we lost. The final score was 29-30. Yeah, that's how close the game really was. So far we've only had one practice, there will soon be another tonight. We tried to schedule some practices during Christmas Break, which was a bad idea since nobody bothered to show up. On Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday we got some people to come (when I say "we" I mean my church basketball coach, Brother Openshaw, a friend of mine from church, and me). That practice produced some interesting effects and I'm hoping that tonight's practice will be better. We won't get another chance to play 2nd ward unless we either scrimmage them again or unless we beat everyone else and play 2nd ward to see who goes to the regional tournament which is a major surprise because we haven't had a regional tournament in church basketball for the Young men since I was a deacon.
Another big important part of my life is scouts. Scouts, scouts, scouts. With my 18th birthday coming up I'm feeling the pressure to get those last few merit badges out of the way so I can progress to my Eagle. I'm going to need prayers for this though, because my most recent progress has been somewhat sluggish, although I can pass one off soon though.
All in all, I am glad that I have caught up with this. I will seriously need your prayers,
With love,
Grant

2 Comments:
Everyone's here to support you.
Mom
You "managed" to drink 5 root beers by the end of the week? lol You could do that in one long day, Grant.
Post a Comment
<< Home