Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The last post of the 2008 summer....(sigh)

Seriously, school starts Monday! That's crazy! I already have my stuff to begin school. Well, sort of, I mean have my schedule, and I've had my summer homework done now since June. Oh boy, speaking of my schedule poor Mom and I have gone through a major hassle just for me to get it!

Okay so I was at High School Orientation, for the last time, last Friday and I had all my paper work ready and it turned out that I had a debt to pay. Last year I lost not only a Track uniform, but a warm-up also! That total cost of both of those amounted to $75.00. Normally this wouldn't be as big of a deal, except that at the time nobody except Mr. Bennett knew that the total cost of both of those items was $75.00. That really stunk, especially for Mom who I dragged into this mess for virtually no reason, I mean the whole point of her coming with me to the Orientation was to pay that debt, but we couldn't pay it anyway! It was frustrating for me to find out that we'd have to wait until Monday before we could pay the debt. Mom came up with the brilliant idea to e-mail Mr. Bennett and Ms. Verderame, my counselor. So it was Tuesday morning that Dad and I went to sort this mess out: Ms. Verderame called me and basically told me where to go and even told me what my schedule was. It was basically what I expected, no surprise, but I still didn't know where everything was. Dad and I still had to wait about 10 minutes until the bookkeeper, the lady whom we were supposed to pay the money to, got back from whatever she was doing.

To add to all of this mess Dad and I forgot to go to the big sports meeting at the beginning of the school year where we could sign all of the stupid paper work and find out when practice was! So on top of the debt I had to get my paper work in! The thing was, I don't know when the next Cross Country practice is. I barely found out that there was a Cross Country practice on Monday! I couldn't go though because I hadn't been on top of my paper work! Right now I'm stressed that the Cross Country coach is going to kill me for my lack of responsibility!

On the same Friday as Orientation I went to my sparring class in Tae Kwon Do. That was a big mistake! Mister and Missus Yee chewed me out practically the entire time and Mrs. Yee went berserk on me. The thing is, if you spar someone without gear, you could hurt them I guess, and you're not allowed to actually hit them, which is about the most stupid thing that I've seen them pull off! Seriously the whole point of free sparring is to hit people! Anyway Mrs. Yee didn't have gear which translates to touch her and she gets super mad and frustrated and she can kill you (don't take this literally people I mean kill in the figurative sense of the word) without Mr. Yee putting up a fuss about it.

However what really made sparring even worse was that I pulled my hamstring trying to kick somebody and since then I've been in rehab, sort of. Mom was right about me, I'm not a whiner, which is a double-edged sword if you think about it. What makes it bad is that people can't tell if you're in pain, and in Tae Kwon Do almost everybody is relatively blind about where I get hit. I got punched in the chin but that passed off somehow as the top of my chest protector. I got hit in the groin about a considerable amount of times but almost all except two of those times nobody seemed to have seen anything and since I don't whine and go down on the floor the instant that I'm touched there, like every other guy in the world, nobody presumes that I got hit there! I'm seriously thinking that all free sparring must be judged the same way that the Olympics gymnastics is judged, by video, and by slow motion because the judging system now sucks!

Speaking of the Olympics, who saw Misty May and Kerri Walsh get the gold medal? It was awesome! Anyway I'm so glad that I can record the Olympics and watch them whenever I want, plus I can fast-forward, rewind, and pause them too! Anyway the USA leads in total medal count, although China's only 2 medals behind us and they have a crazy amount of gold medals. Plus I would like to say that Michael Phelps is the greatest Olympian of all time!

Anyway, I need your prayers that school will be smooth and that my hamstring will be 100% better.
Love,
Grant

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Grant. Is your hamstring not feeling any better? It's been a rough couple of weeks. Sorry about that.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grant, you're a senior! I can hardly believe it...the years seem to have flown by. Sorry about all the hassle to get you back in school. Just think, after this year you'll be doing all that stuff by yourself. Thanks for coming down last week with your Dad. It was good to see your beard (well, maybe it was just heavy 5 o'clock shadow. Love ya, Gram Boothe

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeeyyyyyy!!

I didn't forget to go to a meeting! I didn't know about any stinking sports meeting! Get your story straight or I'm going to have to open up a can of Mrs. Yee on your hiney!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home