Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The month of March

Can you believe that Daylight Savings Time will only be in a week? That's crazy! Want to know something else that's crazy? My Eagle project is only a few short weeks away. The thought scares me but I'm glad to know that I'm continually working on it and that I have some of the best support that a future Eagle Scout could ask for. The support that I'm thinking of is (a) My family (b) my youth leaders and the Ward and (c) my teachers and friends.

My project is cleaning up Sonoma Elementary School. As to what I'm specifically cleaning up, I'm still working on that. The date that my project will be on is on the 28th of March, which happens to be a Saturday. I am confident that I will have everything ready by then. These past two weeks (or was it just this week? The days are so blurred together it's hard to keep track of time) have been all about me setting up meetings with Mrs. Moffet, the principal of Sonoma Elementary School, and trying to get stuff done.

Another scary thing is that High School graduation is so close to now that I have very little schooling left. Oh well, at least I know what I'm going to be doing right as I get out of high school. I plan on living with Garit in the summer at Utah and working. That sounds really cool, although I still don't like the job part. As I'm writing this post my Mother is either in Arizona at her Isagenix meeting, or she's flying home, but either way she's not home with me and I miss her right now.


3/3/09



This was printed in today's paper. The budget cuts got approved. I believe it was 11 million dollars that got cut. If a teacher doesn't retire early Ms. Vlach is going to get laid off. I'm so glad that I'm graduating from high school at this point. I feel as if my school district is crumbling all around me, and it's all Arnie and whoever's at the capital's fault. I don't think that Barack Hussein Obama is going to get us out of this mess either. I almost gave up on my Eagle project because there wasn't enough to do.

3/7/09
It's interesting that I learned about government bureaucracy in my Government class just as that school board meeting had commenced. It's unclear whether Ms. Vlach will get laid off or not. She said that she will get a lay-off notice. Today on March 7 my church basketball team participated in a church regional tournament. We first played Modesto 9th ward, but we weren't going to originally. We were supposed to be playing against Merced ward but they canceled for some strange reason so 9th ward played in their place. We beat 9th ward by 1 point! We had just tied up to them at the end and then one of our teammates got fouled when there was only 1 second in the game left. The final score was 46-45 (We were the home team).

After that game we got a 30 minute break before playing against Crow's Landing road. I was talking to Ryan about this and he asked if they had a lot of Hispanic kids on their team and I replied that that wasn't the case. Most of the kids on their team looked Samoan, if not they looked like some Pacific islander race. They did have some Hispanic kids on their team, and one of them could shoot three point shots all day long. They also had a tall black guy with dreadlocks that was a one man rebounding army. That guy definitely scored a lot of points in that game. The score for this game was 55-67. I'm glad that my team got as far as it did considering the fact that we literally never practiced as a team. Instead we just recruited some awesome non-members.

I've been working on three projects tonight, two for my English class and one for my Spanish class. Ryan helped me out with my project, which leads me to believe . I think that he should teach my class instead of Mr. Lamont. He's waaaay more patient than Mr. Lamont, and way more effective too. I like Mr. Lamont, because he's LDS and has a great sense of humor, but the guy has a terrible temper and he cusses way too much. Plus if you ask him questions he's more likely to yell about how he already explained it in class once and how you were a lazy slacker blah blah blah.

3/8/09
At 10:00 today I had a review from the Scout committee concerning my Eagle project. They said that they liked my ideas, but in order for this project to get approved by Brother Lindsay I needed to create a permanent improvement structure, like cutting a wine barrel in half and filling it in with dirt and plants. That really annoyed me and until I talked with Dad I didn't know what I was going to do exactly. Scott Ludlow had his missionary farewell, for those who know him. It was great seeing him again. I don't know when the next time will be when I see him because I'll be serving my mission when he gets off. God will protect us both. On one minor note I googled my blog. I thought that that was so cool! Okay this has been a long post and I love you all. Hope to see you soon.
Grant

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are busy days for your, Grant. Busy but rewarding.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home