Welcome to the Boothe's Dominion

A blog that you comment on, make literary comments, post cool/funny things or if you just want to say hi.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission (when I have grown a foot or two)

Today is a glorious day! I now have the Melchiezedek Priesthood! Ryan ordained me to be an Elder at about 8:30 as of this morning. I just got back from a meeting with my bishop about paperwork and I'm excited to begin the process. Dad was there too. Wow! Being a missionary definitely feels real now! Everybody at church today congradulated me for becoming an Elder, which felt nice.

Unfortunately I haven't gone on any recent team-ups with the missionaries. I assume that this is because of a communication error since the missionaries have not called me and I haven't taken the initiative to call them. I did sign myself up though to go with them on Friday so I'll definitely be taking some initiative to call them.

Now is the time to really start focusing. I've attended every Mission Prep class so far and I've heard that after this one there'll be another Mission Prep starting in April three days after I turn 19. I've made some good money petitioning, considering the fact that I haven't been working too hard. I'm expecting my biggest pay check to come in this week, which makes me happy. With seven petitions, and an eighth one on the way from what Garit tells me, I can average about $200 a week, maybe more if I really put the time in.

I'd like to extend my gratitude to all those who came to my ordination. It was wonderful having all of you be there to support me. I feel your love and it feels great! I look forward to seeing my Lee cousins this weekend and my Boothe relatives in Atwater as well. I love you all and I appreciate your love and support. I know that I am doing the right thing for the right reason. In case any of you are wondering I plan on leaving sometime in June. I'll keep you posted on when I receive my Endowments and when my Farewell is. Oh, and speaking of posted, this blog is where I'll be writing my mission letters, so I advise you all to check it when I'm gone.

Love from,
Grant

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dad said...

Congrats Grant! I know you'll be a great missionary.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

It's wonderful that you've been ordained an elder. I'll forward to hearing about your mission call and hope to be in the temple with you as you receive your endowments.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grant!!!
Love,
Uncle Greg

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grant on becoming an Elder. Sorry we couldn't be there I was in Idaho. We want to be with you as you receive your endowments so let us know. We are proud of you and look forward to seeing you and Garit next weekend.
Love,
Aunt Gina

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home