Free at last!
Garit just got internet yesterday! It even came with free T.V. Anyway since I can now do it consistently I thought that it would be cool if I could restart my blog. I'm supposed to go out with our ward missionaries today but I haven't received any calls yet so I don't know what's going to happen. I helped the missionaries teach a potential investigator yesterday. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. The missionaries were really good about covering the basics. I was nervous that I'd mess up and confuse the potential investigator even further but I actually helped (what do you know?). I'm actually attending mission prep right now at the Stake President's home. Last week was the first session and it went well. Becoming a missionary actually feels more real now that I'm way closer to becoming one! I'm supposed to be receiving my interview to becoming an elder this Sunday!
Time can fly when you have a job. It's been four weeks since Mom passed away (or has it been five? It's hard to tell) and I still think about her and miss her. About two Thursdays ago I balled my eyes out missing her. Bishop Brooks mentioned that her death will help to strengthen my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. Well it has and I'm glad that something good can come from my mother's passing.
I wanted to take the last portion of my post to share my testimony that I know the Gospel's true and that it's principles can truly lead a person back to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that death is not the end of life, it's only a passing from one existence to another. That is a lesson that my mother continued to teach and re-emphasize time and time again to me. I know that I'll be able to see her again and that it will be one joyous occasion when we do meet. I know that families are eternal. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know that Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins. I know that His Atonement is the only way that we can return to live with God again and that Jesus is my Savior, Lord, and Redeemer and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

4 Comments:
Wonderful testimony, Grant!
Something is wrong with the link you sent everyone. I had to type in the blog address to find it.
I'm so happy that you're blogging again, Grant. You have matured a great deal and I'm proud of your attitude and actions. I miss your mother too and think of her often.
You will be a powerful missionary! Going out with the missionaries is a great way to get some experience.
Love, Gram B
So glad to hear from you, Grant. I've had you in my thoughts. I want to keep hearing about your mission preparations!
Diana, her husband Mac and baby Luke got to go help their ward's elders teach a young couple with a baby about the same age. Everything went really well. Diana said the other baby, a girl, was fascinated with Luke, so he's already a missionary at age 15 months! They will have another discussion with the same couple tomorrow night!
The gospel is true; it's such a source of strength and joy.
I'm glad you're writting again, Grant. Great testimony and thanks for sharing it with us! I agree with Gram B that going out with the missionaries is a great way to gain experience and better prepare you to be a full-time missionary.
I'm so glad that we got to see you, your brothers and your mom at Christmas and to hear her testimony. It was a great experience.
Uncle Greg
Post a Comment
<< Home